Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Inside the Activists' Studio NYC
Sunday, December 6, 2009 from 4:00 PM to 9:00 PM (EST)
If you're looking for the SF event, please visit www.whoinspiresyousf.eventbrite.com - thank you for your interest!
This event is sliding scale with the option to pay anywhere between $8 and $18.
You are welcome to purchase the ticket of your choice, above.
Once online ticket sales end at 1pm you are still welcome to purchase tickets and register on site. On-site check-in and registration begins at 3:30pm and the program will begin promptly at 4pm.
Sandi DuBowski, the critically acclaimed, award-winning documentary filmmaker, will be joining us as the panel moderator for Inside the Activists' Studio! You can view his impressive bio here.
In addition, Inside the Activists’ Studio is bringing together an impressive roster of panelists and workshop presenters. Workshop titles include:
- Campaigns 101: How to Build a Plan to Win - with Alison Hirsh (organizer extraordinaire who currently works as the Assistant Political Director of East Coast and Federal Programs for SEIU 32BJ)
- Love Your Life - A Career Development Workshop for Activists - with Suzanne Grossman (career coach who runs a five week course called Love Your Job and she’s a regular contributor to the Huffington Post. She also happens to be one of the Heeb 100 this year)
- Making Money Make Change - with Amy Schiller (consultant currently working through CCS Fund-raising and with a wealth of experience on money and social change)
- Mussar for Social Justice - with Rabbi Alissa Wise (Program Director at Ma’ayan and until recently was the Director of Education at JFREJ. Also one of the Heeb 100 this year)
- Narcissus Shrugged: The Politics and Performance of Personal Experience - with Dan Fishback (performance artist who is also part of the Six Points Fellowship program. You can view his website here)
- Social Entrepreneurship: Bringing a Great Idea to Scale - with Adam Baruchowitz (founder of an amazing initiative called Wearable Collections)
- Why We Hit Delete and How to Change That - with Isaac Luria (web 2.0 master and the Campaigns Director at JStreet)
In addition to having a reception with lots of food and drink, this year we’ll also have some socially conscious spoken-word performances from an award winning slam poet – Daniel “Fritz” Hershel Silber-Baker (see his impressive bio here). As always, you’ll also have plenty of opportunities to connect with other amazing people in the Jewish social justice world!
When & Where
Pursue: Action for a Just World
Jewish change-makers are inspired, motivated and fiercely smart. Jewish values urge us to question injustice, act, and take collective responsibility. Pursue sparks and sustains social change by channeling the unlimited passion and potential of Jewish change-makers in their 20s and 30s into action for a more just world.